Hello beautiful people,
This week the most frequently asked question was, how to combat dry, damaged, over treated hair and hair loss. I have been suffering with similar issues So I decided to look into the root of the problem and provide some simple, easy solutions.
To start with it is winter and these elements play havoc with our hair especially if you have dry hair to start with. We can't do much about mother nature, we can minimize the damage by executing a few simple tips.
- Cut down the amount of times you wash your hair each week, even just getting the hair wet can lead to more breakage. When the hair shaft gets wet it swells, makes it more elastic hence more prone to damage and breakage. Wash your hair less and use a dry shampoo in between for the perfect solution.
- Brushing wet hair causes damage to your hair too. Use a wide tooth comb and a detangle spray to remove tangles.
- Use a good shampoo and conditioner to wash your hair. The one that has been recommended is a brand Kerastase. Here is a great offer on at the moment http://www.lookfantastic.com/brands/kerastase/kerastase-bathe-shampoo.list
- Blow drying, curling irons and straighteners are a big contributing factor to dry brittle hair. Lessen the impact by using a heat protector spray or a leave in conditioner.
- Coconut oil has been used for thousands of years for grooming hair. It has many beneficial properties that ensure great looking locks. Due to its low molecular weight it penetrates deep into the hair shaft, providing protein to both damaged and healthy hair. Use at least once a week to really nourish your hair.
- Hair loss is normally the result of low iron levels, as women we are more prone to iron deficiency. So keep on top by taking multivitamins everyday.
I hope you enjoyed these simple recommendations, if you have any more leave them in the comments below please. I will be doing all of the above and will let you know how I get on in a few weeks time.
For ongoing beauty discussions and a place to get answers from everyday women, join our lively facebook group Beauty and Fashion blogs, tips and discounts.
Have a great Friday x